Although the face is the first thing people notice about you, you spend a lot of time on your hair and makeup but not your earrings. We can see how people look when they’re happy, sad, groomed, or not. It helps us understand a person better after only a brief introduction.
Earrings are a great accessory because they can help set off an outfit or frame the face. It’s crucial that you use the earring’s colour and shape in a way that complements your skin tone, face shape, and the rest of your outfit.
We’ll walk you through all the options for wedding earring length, style, and shape (chandelier, statement, or stud) so you can find the perfect pair for your big day. To assist you in making the right decision, we have provided some suggestions below.
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Earrings
Comfortability is essential for a pair of wedding earrings. Wearing large earrings all day can be uncomfortable if you aren’t used to them, so make sure they are both attractive and functional.
Don’t pick your earrings out of isolation; think about the rest of your outfit first. No longer do earrings and their matching accessories need to match perfectly, but if your dress has pearl or crystal embellishments, think about wearing earrings with the same elements.
It has been stressed before that when wearing a single bold accessory—whether it be a necklace, pair of earrings, or a whole dress—the rest of your ensemble should be understated. Try on everything together in advance to make sure you’re satisfied.
The earrings you choose should also take into account your hairdo. Wear a pair of stud earrings for an elegant look, or go for a pair of statement earrings to complement your updo. Wear long, dangling earrings if your hair is down so that they can be seen in all their glory.
- If you want to see how your wedding accessories will look with your hairstyle, bring them to the trial.
You should think about whether or not you want your bridesmaids and maid of honour to wear matching earrings to yours. Some companies come in at least somewhat similar styles across a variety of designs, letting you achieve a uniform look without resorting to complete homogeneity.
First, let’s talk about the various face types.
- The following styles of earrings are recommended for those with round faces: Stay away from adding width. Don’t wear anything too heavy or in the shape of a large, round disc.
- Oval faces are the luckiest, so they’re the easiest to find earrings for.
- If your face is long and thin at the chin, wear long earrings that widen towards the bottom to create visual balance. For a broader chin, thin the end. Round studs or disc-shaped earrings are both acceptable.
If Your Face Shape Is Unknown, Play It Safe.
If it’s all too much having to differ what face shape you have. There is a solution. Certain styles of earrings suit most face shapes. For a formal occasion or bridal, choose a drop earring between 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches long in a teardrop shape, possibly a pearl drop or crystal. This will enable you to wear a necklace or hairpiece without it being too much. For instance, Mystic earrings or aria style is an excellent choice.
Style Of Earrings:
The most important choice for bridal earrings is the style or era they convey. A pair of utterly vintage earrings may be ideal to uplift a plain, classic and add interest but a pair of modern earrings might completely clash with a delicate, lace vintage-style gown.
We suggest looking for the following features when opting for vintage-style earrings: antique silver or gold plating, baguette crystals, pave set crystal stones, vintage-style scrolls, intricate detailing or pearls.
Modern earrings are the obvious choice for a contemporary or classic gown with sleek lines, fishtail or train and maybe even to enhance a coloured wedding dress. Consider teardrop stones as they are always timeless, opt for the clear crystal which sparkles the most and choose man-made pearls over freshwater pearls.
Chandelier And Statement Earrings
The shape of the bridal earrings which you choose will depend on which style of earrings you are used to wearing and also how much of a statement you want to create with your overall look. A glamorous updo is a perfect opportunity to show off a dramatic pair of statement earrings or chandelier bridal earrings. Dazzling Chandelier Bridal Earrings can add glamour, romance, and elegance to any bridal ensemble.
Chandelier earrings, which are more elaborate dangling earrings, would be best worn without a necklace. Chandelier earrings can be enhanced with gemstones, pearls or crystals. If these bridal earrings are chosen, the earrings become the statement jewellery item.
Statement Bridal Earrings are big and blingy and the hero piece of your overall look paired with a perfectly simple elegant wedding dress and a classic updo will be sure to make the perfect piece. Remember not to have competing accessories, keep everything else simple.
Short Or Long Drop Earrings
Studs are the ideal choice for the bride who wants to keep it understated and simple. If you aren’t used to wearing any jewellery at all, this is the ‘safest’ option as it will not change your overall style. There are still plenty of options and designs with stud bridal earrings without compromising on style.
For the bride who doesn’t usually wear earrings, then you could always choose very long statement drop earrings with crystals, tassels or pearls to add interest to your gown.
How To Choose The Right Earrings For Your Bridal Hairstyle.
- Compliment your hairstyle if you are wearing your hair down, we suggest half up half down, so your hair is drawn back from your face to show off your earring choice. If wearing all your hair down, your jewellery choice will be hidden and purposeless. Not to mention a tangled mess of hair and earrings is never attractive.
- Now you have possibly also considered your face shape and the time of year when choosing your hairstyle. Also, the wedding style, for example, boho, would lend itself to a down style or a loose bun. This style would lend itself to a hair vine or bridal headpiece for a more formal event with an updo, possibly a tiara. Team your earrings with these bridal hair accessories.
- Neck length if you have a short neck check the size of a long earring to ascertain that they won’t drag on your shoulder line.
A cheap pair of earrings can downgrade a glamorous look. Check the cut of the stone; it should be cut to utilise the light and reflect it well. If choosing pearl jewellery to check the pearl colour, it should be realistic. Not plastic-looking. Especially in a large statement piece.
By buying affordable fashion earrings from hello lovers you get the look of the real thing without the price tag. Also, design a well-balanced design that has been carefully thought of regarding weight ( there is nothing worse than a heavy earring); your comfort is paramount too.